As if spending countless hours on the computer with social media wasn’t enough, there’s a quite a few excellent apps out there that help you manage, monitor and communicate through your social media channels on the go. While some of these are quite obvious, perhaps a few in here are new to you. Regardless, here are my 9 favorite social media iPhone apps.
1. Facebook – Really if you don’t have this one on your phone, you really aren’t interested in this article to begin with right?
2. LinkedIn – Their first version was pretty lame, but the most recent update brings the app into usable form.
3. Tweetie 2 – In my opinion, the crown jewel of Twitter iPhone apps. Slick interface, easy to use, and a front pager for me.
4. Meebo – Recently launched, a free IM client that is terrific. Works like a charm, and practically supports every IM client there is including Facebook.
5. Yelp – Perhaps a social media reach, but the fact is, Yelp has many social media aspects to their site, and I use this app quite a bit. My fav app to find everything on the go, and read reviews from the community.
6. WordPress – Again, another example of the 2nd version of the app breaking through. I don’t really blog with the app, but monitoring comments is very useful on the fly.
7. Mashable – Recently just launched, a slick little app to stay on top of social media and technology stories quickly and easily.
8. Byline – There are quite a few RSS iPhone apps, but I’ve found Byline to fill my needs quite nicely. Synchs with Google Reader seamlessly, and I can easily stay up to date on my fav blogs.
9. Ustream Live Broadcaster – Maybe not for everyone, but it’s still pretty amazing to be able to stream live video straight from your phone…for free!