YouTube just turned 6 today and they released some staggering statistics (source link):
- -3 billion views per day (up 50% in the past 12 months)
- -48 hours of video are uploaded every single minute (100% increase year over year)
- -142.7 million unique viewers per month
So the question you have to ask yourself is, are you using YouTube as part of your overall marketing or blogging strategy? Surprisingly most are not, present company included.
There is only a couple places to get real Youtube subscribers around the internet. Don’t get me wrong, I think about it all the time. For me, it’s a time thing. I just don’t have enough time to create compelling video regularly. At least not yet. And I’m missing out on a HUGE opportunity by not doing so, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t. Here you will get a best cost of advertising on youtube for social media traffic boosting to your.
The fact is, in addition to those staggering numbers, YouTube is also the 2nd largest search engine in the world.
So if I had more time to work with what would I do?
- Post 1 video blog post bi-weekly instead of a traditional post. In an ideal world, I’d be posting 2-3 times per week, and posting at least 1 video post every other week or so. This would help populate my YouTube channel, and provide some variety to my blog content.
- Use YouTube as a community more. I would take these great tips to heart and actually connect with other users more within YouTube to help build my blog audience and YouTube channel viewership.
- Utilize these fantastic tips on ensuring your YouTube videos are maximizing their reach. It’s a decent amount of work to video blog so make sure you’re taking the time to ensure they are found easily.
Of course, that doesn’t mean I haven’t had some “mild” YouTube success. Such as the winning entry in the 2007 Microsoft Company Meeting Lip Sync Contest.