Marketing Executive with 20+ years experience
Proven thought leader in digital marketing space generating $3M+ annual revenue growth through highly effective content creation combined with superior strategy development, client pitches harnessing 20 years of expertise, and high-performance leadership of potent digital marketing teams. Reputation of blending social intelligence, vision, and creativity with technical ability and mastery of analytics.
Areas of Expertise
|Hire & Manage Rock Star Talent||Accelerate Revenue Growth||Analyze Metrics, Goals & Competition|
|Blog & Write For Web
|Create Content & Launch Collateral||Amplify Social Media Presence|
|Master SEO, SMM, CRO and PPC||Motivate Teams & Inspire Results||Brand Identity|
Influence & Credibility
- #26 out of 100 most followed CMOs (source)
- Named #30 on Forbes Top 50 Social Media Influencers List in 2012 (source)
- Named top 50 Social Media Blogger by Kred.com
- Presented at more than 10 professional social media and search engine strategies conferences
- Interviewed as digital marketing expert on television and radio including WebNation and WebMaster Radio
- Recruited, coached and led a team of eight to create a marketing firm from scratch that grew revenue from $0 to $650K+ in 12 months
- Conducted over 500 candidate interviews for Microsoft and Strategies 360 resulting in 50+ global hires
SportsArt, Mukilteo, WA
Vice President of Marketing (2015 – 2018)
Plan, develop and implement all marketing strategies, communications, and public relations activities, both external and internal. Manage a $1.5m marketing budget while overseeing development and implementation of support materials and services in the area of marketing, communications, social media, search marketing, content marketing, trade show coordination and public relations. Direct the efforts of the marketing, communications and public relations staff and coordinates at the strategic and tactical levels in partnership with other teams across the company.
- Designed and built a lead generating market funnel resulting in 1,000+ additional sales leads per year
- Implemented social and content marketing strategies that have resulted in online audience growth by 365% and user engagement by over 400%
- Manage, advise & execute on 10+ trade shows per year resulting in 1,000+ leads & a 28% ($1.4m) lift in sales
Projectline, Seattle, WA
Director of Social Media (2014 – 2015)
Led the agency’s social media practice providing marketing, community building, creative content architecture, social experience development, communications strategy, analytics, paid media, social selling and influencer programming. Led a 15-person team providing strategic leadership and experiential program development.
- Oversaw the integrated social strategy, programming, execution and management for a variety of Fortune Global 500 brands such as Microsoft and SAP
- Grew social media business from $1.35m/year to over $2.6m/year, a 92% lift in first 6 months
- Managed and oversaw the social selling team driving thousands of seller trainings for Microsoft resulting in 106% opportunity growth rate and 89% increase in sales revenue vs. non-participants
Strategies 360, Seattle, WA
Senior Vice President, Marketing & Social Media (2011 – 2013)
Planned and directed marketing and social media efforts for S360 a PR/communications agency servicing non-profit, education, political, energy, and cause-based organizations. Recruited, coached, and managed team of 8. Partnered with other business units, including creative teams during development of campaigns with digital assets. Oversaw SEO/SEM campaigns including keyword research, copywriting, coding, & link-building for clients.
- Formulated strategy and created new marketing and social media unit from scratch
- Developed global business from zero revenue to over $1.1m within 12 months
- Devised campaign and brand messaging strategies for social and paid media
- Catapulted clients’ social media success through increasing reach & engagement metrics by hundreds of % pts
- Wrote brand and campaign-specific best practices guides for social media usage
Microsoft, Redmond, WA
Senior Social Media/Community Program Manager (2010 – 2011)
Oversee social media and community building efforts. Analyze business challenges and special needs of MVP (Most Valuable Professional) and community to uncover opportunities to engage customers and satisfy needs. Facilitate feedback for product improvement. Serve as Cluster Lead for Platforms and manage MVP program experience, spanning full spectrum of tech expertise within Microsoft Office product line.
- Increased success of Microsoft Office 2010 launch by arranging participation of 218 MVPs across 36 US launch events, representing 22% of all community launch participants.
- Grew Facebook community by 49%, twitter following by 34%, and blog readership by 23%.
- Boosted customer satisfaction by channeling MVP feedback, including “Top Community Issues” and “Early Warning Signals.” Integrated “Voice of Community” feedback into Microsoft “Voice of the Customer” strategies utilized by Product Groups.
Community Program Manager, Microsoft Advertising Community Team (2006 – 2009)
Oversaw adExcellence accreditation program for Microsoft adCenter. Enhanced advertiser and influencer engagement through internal and external events. Incorporated metrics demonstrating accredited advertisers had 29% higher revenue than non-accredited ones. Earned “Microsoft Gold Star” in 2008 and 2009.
- Increased accreditation adoption by 273% (from 231 to 600+ members) by introducing new features, such as loyalty programs, agency support, and community platform integration.
- Led 4 community events in 2009, with satisfaction ratings increasing from 85% in 2008 to 90% in 2009.
- Produced Microsoft Advertising Podcast and video series, growing audience 153% over 6-month period.
- Directed Microsoft Search Summit in 2008 and 2009, attracting 100 of the top influencers, advertisers, and evangelists to share feedback about new offerings. Boosted attendance 6% from 2008 to 2009.
Lead Media Specialist (2005 – 2006)
Drove team of 1- Media Specialists to meet industry-leading SLAs for paid search campaigns. Developed on-boarding strategies and training modules for new employees. Designed and managed acquisition and evangelism efforts in conjunction with 15 annual trade shows, each with 5,000+ attendees.
- Designed and implemented lead generation strategies at trade shows, which accounted for 23% of Microsoft adCenter leads for SMB market in 2006 from 0% during previous year.
- Contributed to 8% revenue gain by initiating ongoing model for collaboration for event marketing materials partnering with Trade Marketing.
- Selected to lead Client Services Organization’s Rewards and Recognition Program, producing 110% increase in employee participation and 11% lift in employee morale.
Ascent Promotions, Inc.
Marketing Director (2000 – 2005)
- Recruited, trained, and managed seven sales representatives to grow business from 0 to 30 accounts generating $250K in one year and 5% profit over plan
- Created national marketing and business development strategy while managing sales forecasting, pricing, and a budget of $400K
- Produced online marketing campaigns, web infrastructures, client website launches, and web-based community functionality
University of Phoenix Master of Arts: Secondary Education
Illinois State University, Normal, IL Bachelor of Science: Mass Communication
Microsoft Office; Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and Premiere; PC and Mac Platforms