Social Media ¨ Digital Marketing ¨ Communications
Versatile leader with expertise in social media and community marketing programs. Record of spearheading large-scale, high-profile programs at Fortune 100 corporation. Excellent writer with experience writing for numerous blogs and contributing to writing and production of major video and podcasting projects. Outstanding team building and facilitation skills. Analytical, innovative, and articulate.
Areas of Expertise
|Strategic Planning||Social Media||Customer Loyalty|
|Project Leadership||Multi-Media Production||Event Management|
|Paid & Organic Search Marketing||Staff Training & Management||Web-Based Community Building|
Microsoft, Redmond, WA
Senior Social Media/Community Program Manager (2010 – Present)
Oversee social media and community building efforts. Analyze business challenges and special needs of MVP (Most Valuable Professional) and broad community to uncover opportunities to engage customers and satisfy needs. Facilitate feedback for ongoing product improvement. Serve as Cluster Lead for Platforms and manage MVP program experience, spanning full spectrum of technology expertise within Microsoft Office product line.
- • Enhanced understanding of issues important to technical communities by developing and strengthening relationships with MVPs and Microsoft field representatives.
- • Increased success of Microsoft Office 2010 launch by arranging participation of 218 MVPs across 36 US launch events, representing 22% of all community launch participants.
- • Coordinated special series on MVP Award Program Blog, “10 Days for Office 2010,” which involved MVPs from Australia, Canada, UK, US, and Philippines as guest bloggers for 10 days. Federated content to Office team blog, and team blogs for Excel, OneNote, Outlook and Project.
- • Boosted customer satisfaction by channeling MVP feedback, including “Top Community Issues” and “Early Warning Signals.” Integrated “Voice of Community” feedback into Microsoft “Voice of the Customer” strategies utilized by Product Groups.
- • Devised social media, community building, and loyalty strategies.
Community Program Manager, Microsoft Advertising Community Team (2006 – 2009)
Oversaw Microsoft adExcellence accreditation program for Microsoft adCenter. Enhanced advertiser and influencer engagement through internal and external events. Incorporated metrics demonstrating that accredited advertisers had 29% higher revenue than non-accredited advertisers. Planned and managed high-profile community programs and projects.
- • Increased accreditation adoption by 273% (from 231 to 600+ members) by introducing new features, such as loyalty programs, agency support, and community platform integration.
- • Led 4 hosted community engagement events in 2009, with satisfaction ratings increasing from 85% in 2008 to 90% in 2009.
- • Owned and produced Microsoft Advertising Podcast and video series, growing audience 153% over 6-month period.
- • Directed Microsoft Search Summit in 2008 and 2009, attracting 100 of the top influencers, advertisers, and evangelists to share feedback and gain information about new offerings and technology. Boosted attendance 6% from 2008 to 2009.
- • Earned “Microsoft Gold Star” in 2008 and 2009.
Lead Media Specialist (2005 – 2006) for SMB (small/medium sized) business segment for Microsoft adCenter.
Drove team of 26 Media Specialists to meet industry-leading SLAs for paid search campaigns. Developed on-boarding strategies and training modules for new employees. Designed and managed acquisition and evangelism efforts in conjunction with 15 annual trade shows, each with 5,000+ attendees.
- • Designed and implemented lead generation strategies at trade shows, which accounted for 23% of Microsoft adCenter leads for SMB market in 2006 from 0% during previous year.
- • Contributed to 8% revenue gain by initiating ongoing model for collaboration for event marketing materials partnering with Trade Marketing.
- • Selected to lead Client Services Organization’s Rewards and Recognition Program, which involved branding, program development, execution, and measurement over 18 months, producing 110% increase in employee participation and 11% lift in employee morale.
Ascent Promotions, Inc., Woodstock, IL Marketing Director (2001 – 2005)
Managed $400,000 budget. Devised national marketing and business development strategy. Oversaw sales forecasting, and pricing. Recruited, trained, and managed 7 sales representatives. Created online marketing campaigns, budgeting, and Web infrastructures for multiple clients.
- • Grew business from single account to 30 accounts generating $250,000 within 1 year, delivering gross profit 5% over plan.
- • Launched client websites and introduced Web-based community functionality.
- • Achieved 27% increase in monthly visits to website and 9% increase in membership in 2004.
Meandaur Internet Agency, Des Plaines, IL Account Manager (2000 – 2001)
Directed SEO (Search Engine Optimization) projects. Analyzed Web traffic and price per click costs. Allocated project resources. Led external tradeshow efforts, identifying key shows, booth strategy, and speaking engagements.
- • Generated $250,000 in annual revenue.
- • Achieved minimum of 25% of approved keyword lists and front page results for each client, within 6 months of submission.
University of Phoenix Master of Arts: Secondary Education
Illinois State University, Normal, IL Bachelor of Science: Mass Communication
Microsoft Office; Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and Premiere; PC and Mac Platforms