I’ve always been quite entrepreneurial in nature and constantly am thinking about new ideas for websites, blogs or businesses. Needless to say that often has me frequently looking for good names to inspire me enough to go through with those ideas. I always feel like if I can actually find an affordable name, it’s more likely that I’ll see them through.
Of course it goes without saying that finding a good domain name is incredibly hard these days. Practically every .com you can think of is taken, but by using some incredibly useful tools and sites I’ve found over the years, with a little searching and patience, you’d be surprised at what you can find.
- DomainHole.com – This is a newer site that I’ve found recently that I really like. They’ve got a really nice suite of domain tools, and one that combines them all that make searching quite simple. Very nice layout and intuitive. Even some crazy game you can play that involves available domain names.
- Wordoid.com – Sometimes you want a brand”able” or made up name that you can define. This is a great tool to help you find something that is usually very difficult to find and helps you brainstorm a bit.
- SnapNames.com – If you’ve got a few more dollars you’re willing to spend this is a great marketplace to search for names that are often a bit higher in quality. You can also search out newly or soon to expire domain names.
- Nameboy.com – Another tool I often use that lets you choose or combine words and provides a list of other suggested names you might want.
- Sedo.com – One of the largest aftermarket domain sites out there. I often find myself searching here when I need something I know is going to require a few more bucks to get. Great search tools.
What tools have you used that you’ve found useful? Leave your suggestions in the comments section and I’ll update this blog post with the best user submissions.
Get tips on business, social media and the internet.
Learn more about me and my experiences online.